Last December I promised in Blog #5 to come back and finish my thoughts concerning shell games. Please re-read that one, so that you can be prepared to follow the next shell game, the United States Government. No matter your personal political stance, the changes in the last two decades in Federal, State, and Local governments have been unprecedented in the 237 year history of our republic. It gives me no great pleasure to write this blog, but here are the facts without the fiction.
- Government at all levels has become so corrupt that our nation is on the brink of fiscal insolvency. To the average person or small business this means bankruptcy, however to our governments it means print more money to support not only the governmental process, but also to "protect" our way of life by insulating those lending institutions, brokerage houses, insurance companies, automobile companies and anyone else deemed "to big to fail,"from financial distress.
- We used to discuss government debt and the uses of our taxpayer funds in the millions and occasionally billions. Now all we hear are multiple billion dollar expenditures. As of this writing we just crossed over 15 trillion dollars in debt.
- We still spend a billion dollars a month on war, and now we have lost more soldiers in the middle east than people lost in the bombing of the twin towers.
- We fund almost every nation on earth, maybe with the exception of China, Taiwan and Switzerland. We fund any "cause" globally and domestically piling on debt that gets sold to our "friends," the Chinese.
- The International Monetary Fund is propping up most of Europe and South America to the tune of additional billions, and who backs the IMF? The USA, who used to be the "Gold Standard" when it came to fiscal responsibility and personal freedom. Greece needed 45 billion twice in 6 months last year to stay afloat, because they were deemed to big and important to fail. In the last 5 years we bailed out Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. All remain unstable despite the restructuring of their debt, including outright forgiveness of debt in some cases.
- Domestically we have bubbles bursting like champagne. The technology bubble killed of trillions in wealth, the banking bubble killed off trillions in wealth, the insurance bubble killed off billions in wealth, and finally the real estate bubble dealt the average citizen another horrendous blow to their collective pocket books, and made banks afraid to lend.
Money grows on trees for everyone, except the ones that really need it, the people. We, you and me, are paying for everything listed above. The trillions taken in income tax pales in comparison to the trillions taken by the sum total of other taxes we pay every day without even recognizing it. By the time you get done with all the government taxes on payroll, then you have to add these 56 other taxes that no one talks much about:
Interesting List of Taxes that exist today
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Local Income Tax
Marriage License Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Yes, I cut and pasted these. You have to see them to believe them. By the time you get done with all the taxes, 70% of what you earn goes to pay some type of tax! All of these funds are collected by either federal, state or local taxing authorities. Then to take it the final step, only 52% of us pay all these taxes while the other 48% figures out a way avoid or skip out on the Uncle Sam.
So how does this relate to a SHELL GAME? While this high stakes monopoly game is going on in the US of A and additional countries around the globe, you are distracted and scared to death by the media and the politicians globally that control the game. We are led to believe these days that we still have a democracy, but voting control was taken out of our hands decades ago and replaced by an "electoral college" that equitably selects the President every 4 years despite the last several where Presidents actually lost the popular vote. Congressman get elected and believe they are entitled to a life-long career. Interesting that they call it the popular vote and note the people's vote. That would be rubbing our collective noses in it.
We still believe that we have political parties with real differences on how our country should be run...Hogwash, the pundits do nothing but shadow box, never really expecting anything to change, because those in office on all sides of the aisle, all want the same things:
God asked King Solomon what he wished from El Shaddai on the day he was anointed King of Israel and Judah. Solomon asked for wisdom to be able to discern the difference between good and evil...May God grant this incredible gift to all of us who believe, so that we don't get caught in the endless snares of the evil one, himself. For those of you who do not yet believe, I pray that your eyes will be opened to His truth, and that your heart and soul be cleansed by the one true God. Please ask Him, because He promises to make you pure again through the blood of His son, Jesus.
God bless, now and forever...
The Digital Disciple